[IDV #NVK-142049]: Accessing Thredds catalog using SSL with self-signed certificate

Reinoud,

First, please download and install a new version of the IDV. The version
currently installed is quite old.

You can turn on debugging when starting the IDV from the command line with the
"-debug" flag.

Ensure that there is no firewall at your institution that is preventing access
to the catalog.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Reinoud Bokhorst
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I am trying to load a thredds catalog over HTTPS. The
> URL works in a browser but not in IDV. The only message I get is:
>
> "Error: Could not load url: https://xxx.xxx.xxx/thredds/catalog.xml";
>
> Questions:
> 1. The server has an invalid (self-signed) SSL certificate which may be the
> cause of the error. How can I disable certificate checking?
> 2. How can I increase the debugging level of the IDV so more information is
> shown?
>
> Thanks

Ticket ID: NVK-142049