[IDV #HHF-497856]: netcdf file opening issue

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble opening files provided by NCAR-RAL from a
> dual-doppler radar analysis in IDV. I have samples available at
>
> http://vortex.plymouth.edu/~sa1010/testdata/
>
> The cedric file example should have multiple variables including velocity,
> convergence, vorticity, etc. The other file should have turbulence data. I
> am able to see variable information with ncdump. When I try to open them
> in IDV, I get errors. One says that there is no gridded data, the other
> generates null pointer exceptions. Using IDV 5.0u1 under 64 bit Windows.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sarah

Hi Sarah,
      This two files are not in the format supported by the IDV. The cedric nc
file is not a radial dataset, maybe a gridded dataset but
no projection of coordinate system defined. Anyway, these are good examples of
bad nc file.

Yuan

Ticket ID: HHF-497856
Department: Support IDV