[IDV #CZQ-485534]: plotting wave direction vectors

Nikos,

Glad to be of help. I also wanted to mention that we added the flowvector
formula
to the IDV library. In the next version of the IDV you should be able to use
that formula as a derived field rather than having to write your own.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Thanks a lot.....you save my day
>
> Nikos Konstantinou
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Nikos,
> >
> > I made a screencast that explains how to do what you ask. Please see:
> >

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuHpf3HT3Xs&list=PLQut5OXpV-0gqVk8LFD6Riv6X3QcAVw_U&index=14
> >
> > http://goo.gl/n0Frpb
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It's my first time that I am using the IDV so I am not very familiar
> > > with the use of IDV's formulas and  libraries. I am trying to plot
> > > the direction (degrees) of ocean wave that I've got as a gridded file
> > > (grib2 from NCEP) and I'd like to plot as vectors. I have already read
> > > the thread ((IDV #VIH-663165) plotting wave direction vectors) but no
> > > luck. Probably I have trouble adding and save the formula (that it's
> > > mentioned in the above thread), and how to use.
> > >
> > > I would appreciate if you tell me, explicitly, what steps I have to
> > > take.
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > >
> > > Nikos Konstantinou
> > >

> > Ticket Details