[IDV #IDE-963744]: Trouble overlaying wind vectors on wind speed color shaded plan view

Stephanie,

There is some nuanced reasoning here. The vectors are in the horizontal plane
*only*. They have no z component and do not follow the slopes of the isosurface
of the color filled contours. So some vectors point into the color-filled
contours depending on what is happening with the sigma levels of the other
layer.  Does that make sense?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: IDE-963744