[IDV #BEX-815144]: Problem reading some NC grids

> Thank you, Yuan.  I'm the creator of those files, and a newbie with
> NetCDF creation.  Could you point me to a good example of how to include
> the coordinates attribute?
>
> Best,
> Rick
>

> Rick Lumpkin
> NOAA/AOML

Hi Rick,
         If the goal here is to make this dataset workable in the IDV, it is a
lot easier. Probably adding a few attributes of the coordinate for those 3D
variables can do the job. But, I think
for the long run it would be good to follow the CF and here is the link:

http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.6/build/cf-conventions.html

look at session: 5.2

Yuan

> >> Hello IDV Folks,
> >>
> >> The latest version of the global drifter data climatologies are at:
> >>
> >> ftp://ftp.aoml.noaa.gov/phod/pub/lumpkin/drifter_climatology/monthly/
> >>
> >> I'm trying to display the NC grids in IDV, and can't get it to recognize
> >> any more than a single element, the number of observations grid.  There
> >> should also be grids of U's, V's and SST's, as confirmed by ncBrowse.
> >>
> >> Can you see what the problem is?
> > The problem is that these nc files not following CF convention. There is no
> > coordinates attribute for each of those variables.
> >
> > Yuan
> >> Murray
> >>
> >> Murray Brown
> >> 1710 Washington St.
> >> New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
> >> PLEASE USE ONLY THIS EMAIL --> address@hidden
> >> www.marinedataliteracy.org <http://www.marinedataliteracy.org/>
> >>

> >> Hello IDV Folks,
> >>
> >> The latest version of the global drifter data climatologies are at:
> >>
> >> ftp://ftp.aoml.noaa.gov/phod/pub/lumpkin/drifter_climatology/monthly/
> >>
> >> I'm trying to display the NC grids in IDV, and can't get it to recognize
> >> any more than a single element, the number of observations grid.  There
> >> should also be grids of U's, V's and SST's, as confirmed by ncBrowse.
> >>
> >> Can you see what the problem is?
> >>
> >> Murray
> >>
> >> Murray Brown
> >> 1710 Washington St.