[IDV #KPP-976415]: NARR files do not aggregate by time

Diego,

Here is something else you can try:

Load the NARR data individual time steps. Then go to the IDV Dashboard, Field
Selector tab and navigate to Formulas, Grids > Time Steps > Merge Time
Sequences. Select the desired Display type (e.g., Color-filled contours) and
click "Create Display". This will bring up a Field Selector dialog where you can
"Add selected" fields from each individual time. Give that workflow a try.

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> By the way, in case this helps, I have the Tutorial plug-in installed and
> I'm getting the NARR data from the catalog:
> http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.xml
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diego Alfaro
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you for the reply, but I was already aggregating the grids by time
> > in the Data Source Type. When using NARR-B I have no problem, but when I
> > aggregate selected  NARR-A files by time y only get one time. Actually, if
> > I click on the Data Source -> Properties I see all selected times, but they
> > do not show in the Times tab below Displays after having selected a field.
> >
> > I appreciate the help,
> >
> > Diego Alfaro
> >
> > address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Diego,
> >>
> >> When loading the NARR data in the IDV Dashboard, Data Choosers tab,
> >> select the
> >> individual time steps and select "Aggregate Grids by Time" for the Data
> >> Source
> >> Type.
> >>
> >> Keep us up-to-date on your progress.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Unidata IDV Support

> >> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> >> files by time. I have read a 2012 post with the same problem:
> >> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/idvusers/2012/msg00004.html
> >> doing something wrong.

> >> Ticket Details
> >> Ticket ID: KPP-976415