[IDV #WXG-964776]: IDV can't display BUFR format model data

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have an interest in plotting point observations from the LAMP output.
> This output is available in BUFR format.  I am able to load it in to
> IDV, and IDV seems to recognize it as point data, but any attempt to
> plot any variable ends in a null pointer exception.
>
> I've attached the bundle with a sample data file in .zidv format.
>
> Thanks for any feedback!
>
> --Kevin

Kevin,
      I tried to understand this dataset with toolsUI and the CDM is able to
read it in but fail to classify this
dataset as station point data, some work need to be done in the near future. In
general we don't handle the
bufr data very well in both IDV and CDM.

Yuan
> Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
> Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
> University at Albany
> Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
> Albany, NY 12222
> Email: address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>
> Phone: 518-442-4578

Ticket ID: WXG-964776