[IDV #KAT-451370]: prompting for new version screws up projection

> Hi-
>
> I just started the IDV and it said that there was a new version
> available.  I clicked the don't show this again and when the IDV
> started, my CONUS projection was screwed up.  Apparently, something is
> messing up the main.xml file in this process.
>
> If I open the user preferences and then click OK (which resets my
> default projection to CONUS) and then open a new Map View window, the
> CONUS projection is fine.  If I exit the IDV and restart, it's messed up
> again.
>
> Don
> --
> Don Murray
> NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CU-CIRES
> 303-497-3596
> http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/don.murray/

Don,
       Which version are you running?
       In my Mac, I renamed the .unidata folder and start fresh. First, I
started the IDV 5.0, and I got the new version popup, and I clicked the don't
show button, everything is
normal. The second time I started the IDV, the new verion popup again (bug?),
but no more after that. I didn't have any problem of projection.
       I think Julien fixed this bug in the 5.0.

Yuan

Ticket ID: KAT-451370
Department: Support IDV