[IDV #KCN-689298]: IDV Installer

Don,

Thanks for the information. I did not see the earlier screenshot which gave me
the java version.

OK. This is very strange, but I did see something similar that Kevin Manross had
reported once.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/idvusers/2013/msg00037.html

I wonder if there is something similar going on here. In this scenario, the icon
is in a different environment as that of the user.

Are there multiple users on this system, perhaps an admin and regular users? Was
Java installed as admin or as a regular user? I am starting to think that Java
was installed as one user (admin or otherwise) and the IDV as another. We think
we are in one environment, but, in fact we are in another where we cannot find
Java.

Try a couple of things:

Execute this binary:

/Volumes/idv/Integrated\ Data\ Viewer\
Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

What happens?

Alternatively, make sure to run the installation script as the same user that
originally installed Java.

Thanks for your patience and please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support