[IDV #WPM-804362]: IDV - Vertical Scale Question

> It would have been CAMx*.acon
>
> Thanks,
> Rebecca
> 303-312-6867

Rebecca,
      The vertical level in your file is:
double level(LAY=25);
      :units = "sigma";
      :long_name = "synthesized coordinate from VGLVLS global attributes";
      :positive = "down";
      :_CoordinateAxisType = "GeoZ";
      :_CoordinateZisPositive = "down";

and a standard sigma level should be:

float level(lev) ;
      :long_name = "sigma at layer midpoints" ;
      :positive = "down" ;
      :standard_name = "atmosphere_sigma_coordinate" ;
      :formula_terms = "sigma: level ps: PS ptop: PTOP" ;

and you need to have variable PS and PTOP which is used in

p(n,k,j,i) = PTOP + level(k)*(PS(n,j,i)-PTOP) to convert the sigma to pressure,
PTOP
is the pressure at the top of the model and PS is the  is the surface pressure
at
horizontal grid point(j,i) and time(n).

Hope this can help.

Yuan