[IDV #SUF-224604]: netcdf file formatting issue

> I uploaded two files.  The other was called lma_Redoubt_20090323_1230_ev.nc
>
> This one has a 200x200 element array, representing pixels on a map, and the
> value is the number of events in the pixel.  I have not yet gone to the
> trouble to extract the lat/lon coordinates for each array element.
>
> However, the data from the file you looked at is data and contains "real
> variables."  My data is the lat/lon/time of radiation events by lightning.  I
> want to overlay their location onto other data my colleagues have (who use
> IDV). If you wanted, I could just make another dummy variable with the same
> length as the lat/lon and fill it with ones, but I don't see the point in
> that.  Alternatively, you could consider the time variable the "real
> variable."
>
> Sonja

Sonja,
    The second file is not a good netCDF file too. Only a variable and two
dimensions in this file. To construct a good netCDF file, you need to have
dimensions and associated variables, and projection, "real variables", and
global attributes. Each variable should has its own attribute, such as unit,
standard name, coordinate axises, and  so on.... In general, the structure of
lat lon projection gridded dataset is the simplest.
    Here is the web page for more details information: http://cfconventions.org/

Yuan

Ticket ID: SUF-224604
Department: Support IDV