[IDV #GQT-259781]: IDV startup problem

Manfred,

Unfortunately, IDV < 5.0 will not work with Java 7. You have 2

1. Install Java 6 on your OS X machine and run IDV < 5.0 with that.

2. Download and install a relatively stable, but still in beta IDV 5.0
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

In some situation we have had problems with IDV 5.0 not running
smoothly on OS X 10.9. It just freezes after creating the initial map
view. Please keep us up-to-date on your progress by letting us know if
you run into this problem.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: GQT-259781