[IDV #NYC-675402]: HOW TO DISPLAY RADIOSOND SOUNDING DATA USING IDV

Opaluwa,

The problem is your data are missing some lat/lon information for
display in the IDV. If you would like examples of upper air cosmic
data that can be viewed in the IDV please see here:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/RAMADDA+Examples/Sounding+Data/COSMIC+Data?entryid=68a0ac4c-b174-4ec6-b107-a7ca5f0c5727

You can use these examples to give you some idea of a data format that
would be acceptable for view in the IDV.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Opaluwa Yusuf Drisu
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> I downloaded sond and cosmic data for comparison from CDAAC website. I
> wanted to display the sond data to enable me extract refractivity and
> other variables from it. After selecting the data and the data source type
> (as radiosond sounding), the following error message popped up:
>
> There was an error loading the data:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> I tried to manipulate using another data source type, it still could not
> work, what can I do, the file sample file is here attached for possible
> suggestion please.
>
> Thank you
>
> Yusuf.
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.RaobDataSource.doMakeDataChoices(RaobDataSource.java:273)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getDataChoices(DataSourceImpl.java:1852)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:1599)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1980)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1897)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1831)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1804)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.IdvChooser.makeDataSource(IdvChooser.java:943)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.selectFilesInner(FileChooser.java:656)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.selectFiles(FileChooser.java:525)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.doLoadInThread(FileChooser.java:547)

Ticket ID: NYC-675402