[IDV #KQO-206613]: isosurface colored by altitude?

Alexa,

Yes this is possible albeit a little convoluted. We may try to make
this easier in the future.

At any rate, just as you did, you need to select "Isosurface colored
by another parameter".

When it asks you for the "Other parameter", go to Formulas --> Grids
--> "Define a grid diagnostic".

At this point enter "extractPressureFromNWPGrid(a)" (from the Jython
library). Here, you need to give it a field from which IDV can extract
the z dimension. Just give it the original field you selected for the
isosurface (e.g., cloud water).

See the attached figure. It will be colored by pressure.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi there - I’ve uploaded a file and description. Thank you! -Alexa
> On Apr 11, 2014, at 8:59 AM, Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Alexa,
> >
> > Please upload your data here:
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload.
> >
> > Please let us know when it is there. Thanks.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >

> >> Hello IDV support,
> >>
> >> I wondered if it is possible to plot an isosurface colored by height or
> >> altitude? My data are defined by lat/lon/lev (with lev in meters), but I
> >> am not be able to choose ‘lev’ as the coloring parameter.
> >>
> >> Alternatively, is there a formula that would essentially create altitude
> >> as a usable parameter?
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >>
> >> Alexa
> >>

> > Ticket Details