[IDV #VOP-800925]: IDV 5.0 nightly doesn't launch

Brian,

The problem is IDV 5.0 is now running on Java 7 (bundled with the IDV
on OS X instead of relying the system OS X Java) which requires OS X
>= 10.7.  I am afraid you need to upgrade your OS X operating system
to at least 10.7 (which was released ~3 years ago).

We really have no choice here but to move in this direction.  Java 6
was end-of-lifed a year ago.

Will this be a problem for the workshop next month?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> I just reinstalled the latest nightly IDV on my Mac Pro desktop.
>
> It won't launch under OS 10.6.8
> The icon bounces, then nothing happens.
> I tried rebooting, and renaming .unidata/idv/DefaultIdv. Neither fixed it.
>
> IDV 4.1u1 launches OK.

Ticket ID: VOP-800925