[IDV #UDP-395113]: Error and GEOTiff

> Full Name: Paul McCrone
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Creating control descriptor
> Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
>
> OBTW - I would like you to add a GeoTIFF export capability to IDV!!

Hi Paul,
       It is not clear to me what kind of issue you were reporting. If the
Geopod plugin is installed, you need to uninstall it and restart the IDV. The
problem is that the Geopod runs under the Java 7 and the IDV is still in the
Java 6.

       By the way, it is a very interesting small project to add the geotiff
output. I will think about it.

Yuan

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> at ucar.unidata.util.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:361)
> at
> ucar.unidata.util.PluginClassLoader.loadClassFromJar(PluginClassLoader.java:217)
> at ucar.unidata.util.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:252)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
> at ucar.unidata.util.Misc.findClass(Misc.java:4154)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.<init>(ControlDescriptor.java:281)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.createControlDescriptor(ControlDescriptor.java:485)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.createControlDescriptors(ControlDescriptor.java:393)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.load(ControlDescriptor.java:373)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.StateManager.initState(StateManager.java:502)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.<init>(IntegratedDataViewer.java:306)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.<init>(IntegratedDataViewer.java:225)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv.<init>(DefaultIdv.java:84)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv.main(DefaultIdv.java:165)

Ticket ID: UDP-395113
Department: Support IDV