[IDV #VUI-781638]: IDV (all versions?): Reversing rubber-band box zoom in globe view

> IDV support,
>
> Iâm running IDV v.5.0 under Mac OS X v.10.9. (I donât think the IDV
> version matters here, though.)
>
> Iâve got a display (of GFS model output) in globe view. I can rubber-band
> box zoom in on part of it. However, I canât figure out how to reverse the
> zoom to restore a full global viewâthe best I seem able to do is get
> roughly a hemisphere (east or west or north or south) back again. (The part
> of the globe hidden from view at any given time doesnât seem to be included
> in any attempt to rubber-band the entire globe back into view.)
>
> Aside from rubber-band boxing the entire domain, is there a way to revers a
> rubber-band box zoom? The âUndo the viewpoint/projection changeâ button
> doesnât seem to do it.
>
> Example of compromised display is attached.
>
> â Dave

Dave,
         In the current design, there is no easy way to revers a RBB other than
zoom out and RBB bigger region. There are so many things need to consider and
try to avoid to make this feature too complicated. With better understanding
user experiences in the future, we hope to find a better solution.

Yuan

> *                                      |         __ __    \|/  *
> *   Dr. Dave Dempsey                   | )   ^  /|| ||\  --0-- *
> *   Dept. of Earth & Climate Sciences  |) ) ^  / ||_|| \  /|\  *
> *   San Francisco State University     | ) )  /  | _ |  \      *
> *   1600 Holloway Ave.                 |)   )/   || ||   \     *
> *   San Francisco, CA   94132          | )   )   ||_||    \    *
> *   Phone:  (415) 338-7716             |  )   )  || ||      \  *
> *   Email:  address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>           |  )  )  )  ~  ~
>  ~ ~  *

Ticket ID: VUI-781638