[IDV #FBN-526804]: Data probe/time series auto axis in bundle

David,

It sounds like the approach you want to take is to programmatically modify the
xidv bundle with the desired range. While this is an unorthodox solution, it
may work. Search for the number you specified in your range in the xidv file. I
found this element <object class="ucar.unidata.util.Range"> near the numeric
range definition. If you do go down this road, use an XML API in whatever
language (e.g., Python) you are using for modifying the XML. I just tried
changing the range values in a text editor. When loading that bundle in the
IDV, the range corresponded to the values I changed.

Good Luck,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: FBN-526804
Department: Support IDV