[McV #GVD-139240]: Access to adde.ucar.edu

Hi Bob,

re:
> Thanks for the quick response!

The timing was pretty lucky: I got an alert that you had sent
an inquiry to address@hidden, and I drove it into
our inquiry tracking system's 'McV' (address@hidden)
department.  Since I am the primary (only actually) contact for
all things McIDAS here in Unidata, and since I know that there are
no restraints on who can access non-restricted datasets on
adde.ucar.edu, I jumped on getting you a quick response.

re:
> Yes, I was puzzled by this too.

There are a couple of datasets that are not accessible by folks
outside of UCAR (meaning outside of the .ucar.edu domain), but
these are blocked outright unless the request comes from a
machine in UCAR.

re:
> I will talk to her again tonight and have her try again to
> document the exact messages she received when connecting to
> the server.

Also get her to detail exactly what she was doing when she got the
message(s) (e.g., trying to access imagery, etc.).

Ticket ID: GVD-139240
Department: Support McV