[IDV #QOX-659454]: 3D flow trajectory

Dear Dr. Yang,

I was successfully able to create a trajectory with your data, but did not see
the trajectory at "all levels" problem you describe. I actually wonder if your
trajectory has been correctly setup with respect to the animation time. In
particular, I wonder if it is showing the entire parcel trajectory from start
to finish time. You can limit the animation time "window" as the trajectory
progresses. We cover this very topic in a recent IDV screencast. Please see
this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5svh5Mkv474&list=PLQut5OXpV-0gqVk8LFD6Riv6X3QcAVw_U
 and let us know if that sheds light on your problem.

By the way, because of the big volume of the WRF dataset in question, you may
wish to spatially stride your data in the data source properties menu. Right
click on the data source to find that menu.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Dear Support,
>
> The data has been uploaded, please ignore my last email. Thanks...
>
> Regards,
> Huiyi
>

> On 25/11/2013 17:09, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Dear Dr. Yang,
> >
> > Would it be possible to upload your data to
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload so that we may
> > further examine this problem? Please let us know when the data have been
> > uploaded.
> >
> > Best Wishes,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> >> Dear Support,
> >>
> >> I am plotting the 3D flow trajectory from WRF output. I followed the
> >> instruction on following webpage,
> >>
> >> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/datadisplays/wrf/InteractiveWRFDerivedData.html
> >>

> >> The animation on that webpage shows the trajectories start at a lower
> >> level, and then develop to higher levels, but what I have is the
> >> trajectories start at all levels, no matter what level I choose.
> >>
> >> What I do is: Formulas->Grids->Create 3D Flow Trajectory->Trajectory
> >> Colored By Parameter, and then choose u, v, w, and pressure as s and s0.
> >> I tried to use the level=1, level=all or level=several levels, it seems
> >> not much difference. I use one time (start time) and one level (start
> >> level) for s0. It would be so much appreciated if you can provide me any
> >> suggestion.
> >>
> >> BTW, is that possible to plot two or three main streamlines for such as
> >> a hurricane?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Huiyi
> >>

> > Ticket Details