[IDV #AWX-208976]: Dataset subsetting gets lost, perhaps because for reasons related to this projection related NullPointer error?

Hi Brian,

I think we understand the issue you are seeing. Just to review,
you create a 1 time step bundle to create a "small" template. Then,
you would like to use the Time Driver feature to move from a small
template to a multi-time step display. So far so good?

Ok, so you created the small bundle, and pushed .xidv and .zidv versions
to your RAMADDA server.

Question 1 - what is your memory usage after publishing the .zidv?

Next, you saved a local .xidv bundle of the small template.

Question 2 - does this local bundle keep the subsetting info?

Next, after the null pointer, you submitted a support ticket through
the IDV, using "Help" -> "Support Request Form...", attaching the
.xidv file you saved to disk to begin with.

Question 3 - see question 2.

Finally, you used the time driver feature to load 9 total time steps, and
that is when the null pointer exception showed up?

Question 4 - again, are you keeping tabs on your memory usage? We noticed
that one time stamp was using about 1.1 gigs - 9 time steps would be roughly
9 times that, and your IDV session only had 6 gigs allocated. Please double
check that you are not blowing the memory limit for your session.

We noticed that the bundle you saved on RAMADDA is not the same as the bundle
attached to the support request - the one submitted to support did not have
subsetting information in it. However, we loaded your .xidv bundle off of your
RAMADDA server, saved a local copy, and used the IDV Support form to send it
in and our submitted .xidv still had the subsetting info in it. Your answers
to the questions above may help us find the answer to why your subsetting was
lost, but our. Note that we used your bundle and not a tiny test bundle using
real time data :-)

Cheers,

Sean