[IDV #QFA-384481]: Question about typhoon data

Murray,

The problem appears in Panel 16 not 17 with the labels overlapping or
conflicting. Is that correct? Have you tried experimenting with different
layers in the Storm Track control?
We may need a better description of the problem to get to the bottom of this.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Dear IDV Folks,
>
> I'm really stumped by a new mystery.  I've just completed a new draft
> exercise at 9.32 Plotting Western Pacific Typhoon
>
> <http://marinedataliteracy.org/ops/pac_cyclones.htm>
>
> Paths in Google Earth & IDV: Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC).  If you
> look at Panel 17 you see I ran aground trying to control what appears
> with the use of an IDV locations display.  If you have time, please take
> a look and let me know if I went as far as I can, or if there's a secret
> to selecting specific objects to display.  The "layer" coming from the
> JTWC is apparently a very complex suite of KML items/sub-items(?).
>
> Murray
>
> Murray Brown, PhD
> 1710 Washington St., Apt. B
> New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
> PLEASE USE ONLY THIS EMAIL --> address@hidden
> (Home) 386.428.6367, (Cell) 386.341.0868
> www.marinedataliteracy.org <http://www.marinedataliteracy.org/>

Ticket ID: QFA-384481
Department: Support IDV