[IDV #CBP-513303]: Question about IDV

Dear Paola,

You can find the CMIP5 archive here: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/home.htm.
You will need to obtain a login by registering at the site.

At earthsystemgrid.org, under the "Projects" node on the left you can begin to
navigate through the CMIP5 archive. The CMIP5 data should be in CF compliant
netCDF and therefore, it should be no problem to view it in the IDV. You can
download these files (although they can be large) onto your local computer at
which point you can view them in the IDV.

To view your local file, go to the Data Chooser tab under the IDV Dashboard and
select the General, Files node. There you can select your netCDF  data and Add
Source. At this point you should be able to view your CMIP5 data.

Please let us know if this is sufficient for your purposes and keep us
up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi Tom...
>
> I am Paola Arias. Sara Vieira and me assisted to the recent PASI course in
> Cartagena last May.
>
> We are starting to use IDV in our Department in Medellín, so our students
> are learning how to use it and access the different databases.
>
> I have a question. How can we access CMIP5 model outputs using IDV? We have
> tried but haven´t done it yet.
>
> I really appreciate your help.
>
> Many thanks and hope everything in Boulder goes fine :)
>
> Paola.

Ticket ID: CBP-513303
Department: Support IDV