[IDV #DIZ-849299]: NullPointerException adding two different fields

Paul,

I tried your formula and was able to make it work in my scenario so we are
going to have to find out a bit more about what you are trying to achieve.
Where is the data coming from? What fields are you trying to add? You can
upload a data file for us to examine at
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support