[IDV #JNF-919753]: IDV and windspeed and direction grids

> Yuan,
>
> I'm really surprised this morning not to find any wind vector display method
> for speed and direction grids, only U and V component grids.  Am I missing
> something, or is there a special addon to do that?
>
> Murray

Murray,
     It is likely the U and V component in your grids are using some special
namings and the IDV doesn't recognize them. To make the derived wind vector
work, you can added the U and V component to the alias table. In the Field
Selector panel, select the variable, right click on the selected U(or V), a
drop down menu will popup, "add XXX as alias for" > Cannonical name 3 > U - U
component wind, and the same to the V. After that, reload the dataset, and you
should see the derived wind vector.

Yuan

Ticket ID: JNF-919753