[IDV #LZW-530247]: Missing Altitude when creating sounding table

Jeremy,

Would it be possible for you to upload the file in question to
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload and let us know when the
file is there? I tried looking at  CISL Reasearch Data Archive but was not
quite sure where to look. My guess is the code that does the field derivation
is choking for one reason or another, but I can't be quite sure without seeing
the data.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Jeremy Martin
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: When creating a sounding view, all the altitude data
> in the table is set to []  . While the readout on the sounding appears to
> have a geopotential height, it does not appear to be the same as what a probe
> view of geopotential height provides. The various geopotential heights are
> included in the grib files I am trying to import, which I got from the CISL
> Reasearch Data Archive.
>
> A screen shot of the sounding table is attached.
>

> Hany help our guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Ticket ID: LZW-530247