[IDV #JRA-817288]: 20130530: ncml to fix up a user's netCDF file for use in IDV

Hi Tom!

Just a few things.

1) The unit on lag is invalid - it needs to be udunit compliant. In my ncml file
(attached), I used "days since 2013-05-30T00:00:00", so the user will likely
need to correct that.

2) The variable ur needs a "coordinates" attribute, such as

ur:coordinates = "lag lat lon"

I was able to visualize the data using those two additions. Just let me know
how it turns out for you.

Cheers!

Sean

> Hi Again,
>
> A user from the University of Albany has some netCDF files that he
> would like to view/analyze in the IDV, but the IDV does not recognize
> the data as gridded values.  I tried to create an NCML file to set
> what I thought needed to be defined, but my test did not work.
>
> I put a sample data file and the NCML file in the /home/support/attachments
> directory:
>
> kelvinR_onlyU1000.nc
> kelvinR_onlyU1000.ncml
>
> Can you take a quick look and let me know where I am going wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
> --
> * Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
> * (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
> * address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
> * Unidata WWW Service                           http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *

Ticket ID: JRA-817288