[IDV #NDM-384039]: Adding IRIS data to IDV

Greetings Eric,

It looks like the netCDF feature of the eventserver service is not
working properly (HttpError 500):

http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/netcdf.nc

I would contact the manager of that site to see what is the status
of the netCDF service.

Cheers,

Sean

> Full Name: Eric
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> There was an error loading the data:
>
> Error creating data source:netcdf.point with:
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/netcdf.nc?DepthMin=0&DepthMax=500&priority=time&PointsMax=5000&LatMax=-28.42&LatMin=-33.06&LonMax=-69.42&LonMin=-70.62
> Point obs data source failed making data set:
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/netcdf.nc?DepthMin=0&DepthMax=500&priority=time&PointsMax=5000&LatMax=-28.42&LatMin=-33.06&LonMax=-69.42&LonMin=-70.62
> Unable to make a PointDataset from
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/netcdf.nc?DepthMin=0&DepthMax=500&priority=time&PointsMax=5000&LatMax=-28.42&LatMin=-33.06&LonMax=-69.42&LonMin=-70.62
> Error =
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Unable to make a PointDataset from
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/servlet/eventserver/netcdf.nc?DepthMin=0&DepthMax=500&priority=time&PointsMax=5000&LatMax=-28.42&LatMin=-33.06&LonMax=-69.42&LonMin=-70.62
> Error =
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.doMakeDataset(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:282)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.getDataset(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:252)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.initAfterCreation(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:209)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:1597)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1980)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1897)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1831)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1673)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv.handleAction(DefaultIdv.java:114)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1605)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.loadURLInner(UrlChooser.java:267)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.loadURL(UrlChooser.java:239)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.doLoadInThread(UrlChooser.java:286)

Ticket ID: NDM-384039