[IDV #ODM-832381]: IDV version 4.0 versus 3.1u1

> Dear IDV representative,
> I just realized that, since yesterday, there is a new version of the
> IDV software 4.0 that
> replaces 3.1u1. What are the main differences between them?  I am not
> able to find
> the differences in your IDV web site.
>
> I am planning to use IDV in a short training course in tropical cyclones and
> the
> instructions already given to the students requested to install the
> 3.1u1 version
> that was the latest a couple of weeks ago.
> Perhaps, it does not matter too much if I (as instructor) use this
> version and some
> students do not pay attention by installing the new (4.0) version. However, I
> prefer to ask in advance to avoid some problems or know what to expect.
> The IDV training will be on March 18.
>
> An alternative for me is to use the 4.0 version during the course :)
>
> Thanks,
> Luis M FarfÃn.

Hi Luis,
    It is better to use the new 4.0 version. The difference between 4.0 and 3.1
can be found in the Release Note in our announcement:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/ReleaseNotes.html

The grid trajectory is useful to visualize the model output of the hurricane.

IDV support

Ticket ID: ODM-832381