[IDV #RTK-267759]: functions in Jython library

> Hi Yuan,
>
> A question to ask for your advice. I add a function to the Jython library
> and then create a corresponding formula. This formula has two arguments,
> one is a variable, another is a number (wish to choose a number e.g.2
> or3). Wondering how to pass this number to the formula as an argument
> (it seems like IDV can only use file names as arguments). Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wen

Hi Xu Wen,
    It is possible to create this kind of formula. You can reference the
following case minOverTime(field, makeTimes=0)
, the second argument is default to 0, but you can overwrite to 1 when needed.

def minOverTime(field,makeTimes=0):
    """Take the min of the values in each time step
    If makeTimes is true (1) then we return a field mapping all of the times
    to the average. Else we just return the min """
    return GridMath.minOverTime(field,makeTimes);

Yuan

> the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

Ticket ID: RTK-267759