[IDV #WXB-258684]: selecting the last time in a netcdf dataset

> Full Name: bill fingerhut
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1u1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: After choosing a netcdf dataset from a community
> catalog, I would like to choose the last time for display. I want to then
> create a bundle file that would always display data from the most recent time
> (last time). I see how to choose the first time, any one time, but not the
> last time. This has been available with other datasets, e.g. model forecasts
> and observations, for ever. So, there must be an easy way to do this with a
> netcdf file ?

Bill,
     The IDV can't set the last time for display at this moment, even though
adding  last one to the list is possible. One option I can think about is to
use the time matching feature. For the model output you probably know what is
the time range for the last time, and you can use the "Time Animation
Properties" widget to set the driver time and then let the model output to do
the matching.

Hope this can help.

Yuan

Ticket ID: WXB-258684