[IDV #TVN-379840]: IDV Warning

Greetings Paul,

The version of Java3D used in the IDV changed quite a bit between 2.9 and
3.1u1. In order to use the IDV, you will need to make sure you are using the
latest video card drivers in order to have the correct version of OpenGL for
Java3D to access.

Let me know if updating your driver fixes the issue.

Cheers!

Sean

> Hello,
>
> I just installed version IDV 3.1u1 (32-bit) on my Windows XP laptop.
> When I run it, I get this message:
> [Java3d] Warning: Fail to lock Vertex Buffer - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR
>
> This error just keep repeating.  I had updated from IDV2.9 which was
> working fine on my system.  The Map View also remains blank (black) when
> I try to display data.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggested input.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> /*************************************/
> Paul A. Kucera, Ph.D.