[IDV #HNU-328527]: How to inport wind profiler (SODAR/RASS in the present case) data into IDV...

> Hi everybody,
>
> Best wishes to all the team for 2013. Some of you or perhaps all are in
> Tex= as for the AMS, hope you'll have a great time there :)
>
> I would like to import wind profiler data to make vertical profiles in
> IDV,= like I do for example with the output of the wrf model, actually
> would li= ke to compare them before doing any nudging with the data
> from the SODAR in= to the wrf)
>
> I tried creating a csv file but it takes it as a point data and not
> somethi= ng vertical
>
> I tried to look at profiler data without success
>
> What would be the correct format to import wind profiler data into IDV
> and = to be able to look at wind profile like I do with "probe->wind
> profile" wit= h the netcdf file ouput of the wrf?
>
> Thanks for any help on that one

Hi Gilles,
    The correct format for the wind profiler supported in the IDV is netCDF
profile. Here is some information:

http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.6/cf-conventions.pdf

The more details information and example is in the Appendix H.3

Yuan

> Best wishes to all
>
> cheers,
>
> gilles
> ______________________
> Pr. Gilles Arfeuille
> Facultad de Ciencias
> Universidad de Colima
> Colima, MÃxico
> address@hidden
>

> --
> Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MailScanner de
> la Universidad de Colima en busca de virus y otros
> contenidos peligrosos, y se considera que est? limpio.

Ticket ID: HNU-328527
Department: Support IDV