[IDV #CEK-891140]: why separate subset dialogs for each field in a Formula?

Brian,

If you change the subset at the dataset property level, this will be default
subset for all variables.  You will not need to subset for each individual
variable, even when using the formulas.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> You mean the first field selector sets the default for the others? Including
> time selection? It doesn't appear that way in the selector displays. Is a
> user just supposed to know or trust that? Could some message or indicator be
> put there to tell the user?
>
> Can data on a different grid be used? Or do they have to match?
>
> I have had errors in experimenting with it, leading to crashes and losing
> work, so I am always wary of trying it.
>

> Brian Mapes
>
> On Jan 11, 2013, at 1:29 PM, "Unidata IDV Support" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >> It's quite tedious and seems unnecessary.
> >> When would a formula ever want anything other than
> >> the same times, levels, areas, strides?
> > We do have some cases where those subsets need to be difference. When they
> > are all the same, users can use the default and no need to do any selection.
> >

> > Yuan
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: CEK-891140
> > Department: Support IDV