[IDV #KFL-749923]: Cannot Capture Images or Movies

Greetings Anthony,

This looks like a filesystem permission error. Are you able to save to

C:\Users\agalligan

I would ask your computer admin to verify that the permissions are correct.

Also note that the IDV ships with its own JRE, and it will be 32 or 64 bit,
depending
on which version of the IDV you download. You do have the option of using your
system JRE, but it requires modifying the runIDV script. I recommend using the
JRE that is shipped with the IDV (the default option).

Cheers!

Sean

> Full Name: Anthony Galligan
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1u1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Saving kmz file
> C:\Users\agalligan\Desktop\sat1.kmz (Access is denied)
>
> When I try to capture images or movies I get this error message. I am running
> Windows 7 64-bit OS, but my Java RTE is 32-bit. Could that be causing my
> issue, is there a setting within IDV I can change so thta I can capture
> images/movies, or do I need to speak with our computer admin to grant the
> proper permissions level?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> Anthony Galligan
> Air Quality Meteorologist, AECOM
> address@hidden
>

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\agalligan\Desktop\sat1.kmz (Access is
> denied)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.createKmz(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:2274)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.createMovie(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:2223)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.createMovie(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:2069)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.writeMovie(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:1485)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.stopAnimationCapture(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:1249)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.runAnimationCapture(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:1224)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber.access$400(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:113)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.ImageSequenceGrabber$5.run(ImageSequenceGrabber.java:1091)

Ticket ID: KFL-749923
Department: Support IDV