[IDV #UOQ-609105]: Problems mapping Level II Radar Data (DOX)

> Full Name: Tim Schreckengost
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1u1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I'm having trouble mapping Level II Radar Data from
> the KDOX radar. I am constantly getting error messages when I try to "Create
> Display" in the Map View. Generally, when I map using the Reflectivity
> Elevation Angle of .5, the mapping will be successful. When I try a higher
> elevation angle, it gives me an error message. Now, I am getting the error
> message for the .5 elevation angle as well. Below is one of the error
> messages I am receiving.
>
> Error reading:
>
> Creating obs
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi Tim,
     Did you try on more than one file when you were getting the error message?
I am guessing that these files may have different scan pattern. Could you try
to work on a couple single files and see if there error coming back? Otherwise,
upload a few sample for us to check:

Yuan

Ticket ID: UOQ-609105
Department: Support IDV