[IDV #OOS-641584]: reading a .nc file that is really HDF-5

Greetings Brian,

I just saw your reply - sorry about that! When you tried to load the ncml
file, was the file in the same directory as the original prmsl_1878.nc
file? You will see this kind of error when the original file referenced
in the NcML file does not exist. If you are using a different file, you will
need to make sure to update the location attribute in this line:

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/..."; location="./CAM5_onetime.nc">

with the *full* path to the original file. I used "./<filename>", which assumes
the netCDF file is in the same directory as the NcML file.

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: OOS-641584