[IDV #JMJ-732368]: Aggregate Time Step

Greetings!

It sounds like you are doing things correctly, but you
are not able to see the "Aggregate Grids by Time" option
under the "Data Source Type" dropdown menu. I am not sure
what would cause that option to disappear. Would it be
possible for you to take a screenshot so that I can
see things a little more clearly?

As for your second question, yes, it is possible
to add grids from different variables. You will need
to use a formula to do so. For more information on
how to create analysis formulas in the IDV, please see
this section of the user guide:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/page_dataanalysis.html

and this section of the workshop tutorial:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/formulas/index.html

Cheers!

Sean

> Full Name: Giancarlo
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1u1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Dear support team,
>
> I'm trying to aggragate different grid file from the CAMx model,
> but when I select the file listed in Data Choosers-->General-->Files
> while holding ctrl, there is no "Aggregate Grids by Time" options under
> data type. Moreover, if I have a file with more than a variable, is it
> possible for example to make a contour plot of the sum of two variables
> across the time step?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Best,
>
> GC
>
> P.S.
> thanks for the support with the proleptic_gregorian calendar. I'll try
> to upload a file with such a time step asap

Ticket ID: JMJ-732368
Department: Support IDV