[IDV #CAY-405864]: IDV info

Greetings Angela,

I had to make a few modification to make your file work, and I've done
so using NcML. NcML is an xml file that netCDF-java can read and use,
which means you can read it in the IDV.

Here are the issues I found:

1) The file was missing actual time and level variables (the dimensions
were there, just not the variables, and actual their actual value). Luckily,
you gave me enough info to create the time variable, and I assumed the
level variable is 'depth' and the depth was 0 m (you may need to edit the
ncml file to fix that!).

2) The latitude and longitude variables needed standard_name attributes
added to them.

3) The wave_height variable needed a udunits unit (m instead of meters),
it needed a coordinates attribute to point to the coordinate variables, and
it seemed like there was a missing value in your file, given that there were
values over land (0) - you may want to remove the missing_value attribute
if this is not the case.

Note that, because I had to actually create the time and depth variables,
you will need to modify the ncml file to work with new data file; also, if
you use a different file, you will need to change the line:

location="./hwave_4D.nc"

to point to the new file (it's on line 2 of the ncml file).

In order to use the ncml file, make sure it's in the same directory as the
datafile and load the ncml file into the IDV through the IDV Data Chooser
tab on the IDV Dashboard.

Let me know if you have any issues with this file!

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: CAY-405864
Department: Support IDV