[IDV #RCP-144493]: opening MERRA from dods server

> Full Name: Brian Mapes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u2\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I would hope there is a way to open NASA MERRA data,
> which is on a Grads data server.
> But I just can't see how. :(
> I will be at the IDV training next week and hope to learn more there.
>
> Brian Mapes
>

> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:dods.grid with:
> http://goldsmr3.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/dods/MAT3CPTDT.info
> Grid data source failed making data set:
> dods://goldsmr3.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/dods/MAT3CPTDT.info
> /MAT3CPTDT.info is not an available dataset

Hi Brian,
    I think you should be able to do it. The correct url for the Opendap Grads
datasert should be
"http://goldsmr3.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/dods/MAT3CPTDT";. Load this into the URLs and
specify the data source type as Grid, it should be working unless you are not
online. :)

Yuan

Ticket ID: RCP-144493