[IDV #VJZ-635501]: IDV can't display NOWRAD data

> > Full Name: Marty Baxter
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 3.0u2 build date:2012-02-10 17:21 UTC
> > Operating System: Linux
> > Hardware: Java: home: /usr/local/IDV_3.0u2/jre version: 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2
> > fcs (build4)
> > Description of problem:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't get the IDV to read Nowrad radar data from the COMET Case Study
> > archive (or from
> > my own archive served via RAMADDA. It says this change was made for 2.9u2
> > but I tried all
> > of the data type options and can't get it to load.
> >
> > Thanks.
> Hi Marty,
> Those Nowrad radar data are basically lat/lon grided dataset. Somehow, the
> earlier version IDV can
> load the data with no problem. I will check to see what has been changed in
> the latest release.
>

> Yuan
Hi Marty,
      I has not figured out the change in the nightly release (3.1u1). But, you
are on the 3.0u2, it should be
working for you if the dataset is locally. I think this is a problem of the
ramadda server. I will check with Jeff to see any solution available. In the
mean time, you can download the dataset locally and load into the IDV.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VJZ-635501