[McIDAS #GGN-372115]: Minor Question

Hi Rod,

re:
> Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it.

No worries.

re:
> There's one thing I
> have a question about because I want to show the Yucatan peninsula and the
> AL counties but how do i get rid of the 2 lines? Is there more effective
> way of doing this?

From what I can see, the two lines you are referring to are part of the
wireframe box that is there to help orient one's view of a 3D scene.
This can be turned off in two ways:

- globally

  - click on the Edit action at the top of either the Dashboard or View
    windows

  - click on Preferences

  - in the new window that is created, click on the View tab

  - in the list of checkboxes under View (left hand side middle),
    uncheck the Show Wireframe Box checkbox

  - click the OK button at the bottom

- for the current view window

  - click on the View action at the upper left of the part
    of display in which things (e.g., satellite images, maps, etc.)
    are displayed

  - click on Preferences

  - uncheck the Show Wireframe Box checkbox

  - click the OK button at the bottom

The second way removes the wireframe box for this instance of the
view window.  If you never want the wireframe box, remove it globally
as per the first set of instructions above.

Just so you know, all of this is covered in the IDV User's Guide.

Ticket ID: GGN-372115
Department: Support IDV