[McIDAS #BHC-865896]: Question of Meeting Time on the Phone

Hi,

re:
> I know deadlines have been fast approaching and you been busy lately but is
> there a time and date this week or next week we can talk on the phone and
> go over questions with what I have been struggling with lately. I feel
> that scheduling an appointment and talking to you via the phone will be
> much more efficient than email.

I will be available this afternoon after 3 pm to talk.  My office number is

303.497.8642

re:
> Thanks and looking forward to your response!

No worries.  Sorry for the delay.

The first thing you will need to do is download and install the IDV on
your computer.  In order to download packages we make available, you
first have to register with our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

At the top of our HomePage there will be a Login link.  Click on that
link and follow the instructions to register as a new user (if you
are not already registered, that is).

Once you are registered (you will get an email confirming your
registration), you will be able to download software from our
website.  For the IDV, you would go to:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Downloads
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/index.jsp

    Integrated Data Viewer (IDV)
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/index.jsp

      Current Release (IDV 3.1)
      https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

Choose the download based on the machine you want to install the IDV on.

Note: depending on what one wants to do, the IDV can require that the
user's machine has lots of memory (RAM).  It is for this reason that
we strongly recommend that it be run on 64-bit machines that have at
least 4 GB of memory.  The IDV displays that I showed you in a previous
email were created on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop that has 8 GB of RAM
(I didn't need that much RAM to produce the display I sent you, but
having more memory is always a good thing).

Once you have the IDV installed on your machine, I can walk you through
accessing the procedure to create the type of display that I provided
you earlier.  In the meantime, it would be most useful (for you) to
review the IDV User's Guide and Workshop training materials.  The
User's Guide is built into the IDV so you can review it any time
you have the IDV running.  The IDV workshop materials are available
online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/

    IDV
    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/

      Documentation
      https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/#documentation

In the last page listed is a block titled 'Training and Tutorials'.
All of the materials available in links in this block are very
useful for learning about the IDV.

Please NOTE:  it would be best if you go ahead and register with our site
and download and install the IDV before we talk on the phone.
If you will not have done this by this afternoon, I suggest talking
either tomorrow (best in the afternoon after 3 MDT) or Thursday
(same thing, afternoons are better for me).

Ticket ID: BHC-865896
Department: Support IDV