[IDV #VDD-552517]: Image capture with transparent background

Mathew,

This will be fixed in the next version of the IDV, but until then you can find
a fix here starting tomorrow (Sept. 7) at 08:00 UTC.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

or for the webstart version here

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Unidata IDV Support

> Dear Matthew,
>
> Thanks for reporting this problem. We are able to reproduce this issue and we
> believe we
> have a solution. We will run a few more tests and get back to you tomorrow US
> time.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Unidata IDV Support
>

> > Full Name: Matthew Ruglys
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 3.1 bulid date 31AUG12 at 2026Z
> > Operating System: Windows XP
> > Hardware:
> > Description of problem:
> >
> > I am running IDV 3.1 through Webstart. The previous versions handled
> > image capture with a transparent background just fine but in version 3.1
> > the transparent backgound is a solid grey (ie not transparent). I have
> > tried saving as various file types (some of which I know do not support
> > transparency) but it makes no difference.

Ticket ID: VDD-552517