[IDV #RIS-865225]: problems on nc files Portugal

> Mr. Yuan, sorry but  I did not manage to do anything, I had tried to use
> the attached file
> EKE_v_geo.weekly.2000.nc<http://eke_v_geo.weekly.2000.nc/>ml
> you sent me, as an example, but I did not even understand why this file is
> empty (just the header?), I had tried to modify the location to my files
>
> the path: "location="file:/Users/opendap/Downloads/EKE_v_geo.weekly.2000.nc
> "
> "location=C:\projects\ALGARVE\DATA\OCEAN\CTOH\sonderblohm-523\geos_MSLA_EKE\
> EKE_v_geo.weekly.2000.nc"
>
> to open it in IDV  but it did not work. This file you sent is just a
> header which sent IDV to read the file into the location you had?
>
> and what does is that: "<netcdf xmlns="
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";  ???
>

> Sorry, but I'm not good with informatics, and very short experience with
> *.nc files, I just want to open the data set of each variable to create a
> collection and then extract a time series from a selected point!
>
> thank you very much
>
> Carlos

Carlos,
     The ncml is a tool or language like xml used to modify the netCDF file.
The new ncml file in the attached only has 6 lines, very easy to understand.
The only thing this ncml file does is to modify the unit of time variable since
the original unit of time is not recognizable. You only need to put this ncml
file in the same location as netCDF file: EKE_v_geo.weekly.2000.nc, and load
the ncml file into the IDV, the rest should be easy.
     The  new unit in the line 4 "days since 1990..." may not be correct,
please put the right value there.
     If you want to work on the other nc file, make sure to modify the second
line to point to the file you want to work with.

Yuan

Ticket ID: RIS-865225
Department: Support IDV