[IDV #JXV-214316]: IDV problems

Greetings Frank and Kathryn,

First, let's check out the Point Data plot. If you create a Point Data plot,
you will indeed see the location marker and station ID. In order to view the
data, you'll need to select a more detailed station layout model. Here's how
you can do that:

* Load the gempak surface file

* Create your plot

* Go to the Dashboard window and click on the Displays tab

* Select the point data source in the left under "View 1" (most likely called
Netcdf Point Data - ...).

* Look in the middle of the Dashboard (the middle of the Dashboard will look
pretty much like this:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/controls/StationModelControl.html)
 and select the Layout tab and look for the "Layout Model" dropdown box

* The dropdown box is probably set to Location - change that to Observations ->
METAR

You can also edit the layout to fit your needs; check out
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/StationModelEditor.html
 for more info.

As for plotting the Gridded Fields created from the gempak file, I am unable to
recreate the issue you are having. Which version of the IDV are you using?

Cheers!

Sean

Ticket ID: JXV-214316