[IDV #ORP-530314]: crash on startup

Greetings Joe,

The version of Java3D used in the latest version of the IDV is a bit picky
about the graphic card driver - specifically, it requires that the driver used
must take advantage of the latest OpenGL (or DirectX) capabilities. Try
updating your graphic card driver to the latest release and see if that fixes
things. If not, let me know and we'll dig a bit deeper.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello.
>
> I've installed the latest windows version of the IDV and also JRE.  Upon
> starting the IDV, the system comes up (i.e. I can see the menu screens
> briefly), and then the  application closes.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Joe Conklin
> WARP ECP01 Project Lead
> Flight Service and Weather Engineering Team, AJW-176
> 609 485-8273

Ticket ID: ORP-530314
Department: Support IDV