[IDV #XKA-295690]: issue with color shaded plan view

> On 05/25/2012 02:39 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Your dataset is very close to CF complaint, you probably don't need a
> > sample.
> > I added two attributes to variable vw_level:
> >
> Thanks for a great help. I was really struggling with this one.
> Here is the thing, the value is wv levels are pressure levels in hPa, we
> cannot assign them a unit of Km

I know.
The unit of z coordinate doesn't need to be km in CF, just the nc java library
can only take km or meter at this moment. I will try to push them to expand the
library to full CF compliant.

> which will just make the display incorrect.
> I think in CF community, we should put up this one.
> As I see, in most cases IDV does the conversion of Pressure value to
> altitude values using StandardAtmospheric Pressure coordinate system.

As long as nc library can take it, the IDV is not an issue.

Yuan

> Thanks once again for all the help you are providing.
>
> regards
> Ghansham

Ticket ID: XKA-295690
Department: Support IDV