[IDV #HCE-394586]: IDV and cmip5 data

Greetings Estani!

I think the IDV is capable of viewing the CMIP5 data, but I am not sure about
browsing the ESG repository. I'm trying to get an account on the ESG-PCMDI
gateway at LLNL for testing purposes, but their registration seems to be down
(looks like they are updating their portal?). I once asked a user if it would
be possible to authenticate in the browser, and then browse the data repository
via IDV, but they never returned my message. This is something we can look into
for sure, but it'll be much easier once I have an account.

I hope all is well in Hamburg - I visited the wind tunnel group a few years ago
(very nice people).

Cheers!

Sean

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the IDV can be used for viewing CMIP5 data which is
> protected by the ESGF security mechanism. Basically it should be able to
> follow redirects and present an x509 pem certificate when connecting to
> SSL. Storing a cookie session is also required.
>
> If this is already possible, is there a description somewhere on how to
> proceed?
>
> Thanks,
> Estani
>
> --
> Estanislao Gonzalez
>
> Max-Planck-Institut fÃr Meteorologie (MPI-M)
> Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) - German Climate Computing Centre
> Room 108 - Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
>
> Phone:   +49 (40) 46 00 94-126
> E-Mail:  address@hidden

Ticket ID: HCE-394586