[IDV #UKE-495654]: error opening IDV files

Greetings Sue!

The installer is a shell script. The first thing you will need to do it make it
executable. There are two ways to do this.

The first way is to use the command line to change the permission and run the
script. From the command line, cd to the directory with the installer. Then,
use the following command to make it executable:

chmod u+x idv_3_9u2_linux-i386_installer.sh

Then, run the installer using:

./idv_3_9u2_linux-i386_installer.sh

The second way to to click through your home folder to the location where you
downloaded the file. Then, right-click on the installer file and choose
"Properties." In the Properties pop-up box, click on the Permissions tab and
make sure that "Allow executing file as program" is checked. Once that is set,
then double-click the file and select "Run in Terminal".

Let me know if either of these work for you!

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: UKE-495654
Department: Support IDV